- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk with 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar added
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small mashed banana
- 2 ½ cups or 200g besan flour (also known as chick pea flour)
- 50g (about 2 scoops) of 100% Whey Protein Powder (as additive-free as possible)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries (or 200g)
- Coconut oil for frying
- 200g Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
- In a large bowl or jug, combine the almond milk/vinegar mixture, banana and eggs. Add your dry ingredients mixing until just combined (A stick mixer is great for this!)
- Stir in blueberries. Transfer batter back to the jug for easy pouring.
- Heat a small NON-STICK fry pan or skillet to a medium heat.
- Melt a small amount of coconut oil in the pan and pour in your batter to the desired size. (Make sure that plenty of blueberries make it into the pan so that you get a consistent result with each pancake… I overlooked this, but found the ones with the most berries inside were the BEST!)
- When bubbles start to form and the edges look cooked, flip. Cook until lightly browned.
- Transfer your cooked pancakes to a baking tray and keep your stack warm in a slow oven (about 120C) whilst you make the rest.
- When your pancake stack is complete, top it with lashings of creamy Greek yogurt, thawed or fresh blueberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, whatever takes your fancy really!