Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Option*
(makes about 12)
• ½ cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
• ½ cup Almonds
• 2 large carrots (about 500g total), grated or roughly chopped in the food processor
• 4 scoops 100% Whey Protein Powder OR Plant-Sourced protein powder such as Pea Protein for *dairy-free option (naturally sweetened Vanilla will work too but you may then wish to reduce the quantity of Natvia)
• 3 large free range eggs (or 4 small)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp natural vanilla essence
• ⅓ cup Natvia (or preferred natural sweetener)
• 2 tsp Cinnamon
• ½ tsp Ground Ginger
• ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts & 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds
- Process rolled oats and almonds down to a fine crumb.
- Add all other ingredients (except walnuts) in the food processor and process on a medium speed until well combined.
- Stir in chopped walnuts & chia seeds.
- Pour batter into muffin pans about ¾ full to allow for rising
- Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve alone or with *Angelic Cream Cheese Icing
Angelic Cream Cheese Icing
- ⅓ cup (50g) Natvia Icing Mix (or regular Natvia, milled in a Thermomix 10 sec / speed 9)
- 180g European-Style cottage cheese at room temperature (Not the kind that comes in a tub! I use Brancourt’s brand from Costco)
- 1 tbsp (10g) extra virgin coconut oil (you can use coconut cream instead, but it will not set as firm)
- 2 tsp (10g) lemon juice
- Place the icing mix and cottage cheese into your food processor and blend on a medium speed until smooth. (TM – 10 Sec / Speed 5)
- Add the coconut oil and lemon juice. Process further until a smooth and silky consistency is achieved – a good 20-30 seconds in a high speed food processor mix should do it. (TM – 10 Sec / Speed 8, scrape down and repeat.)
- Spread or pipe onto top of muffins and garnish with a raspberry or fruit/nut of choice.