*Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Egg Free
- 1 cup (180g) raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup (180g) raw unsalted hazelnuts
- ½ cup(100g) raw unsalted macadamias (or raw cashews for a more economical option)
- ½ cup (100g) raw unsalted brazil nuts
- A good grinding of pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- Zest of one orange (use a vegetable peeler to ensure you only get the rind and none of the bitter white part!)
- ½ cup (100g) unsweetened dried figs, stems removed and quartered
- ½ cup (80g) unsweetened dried pineapple
- ¼ cup (40g) unsweetened dried inca berries (or raisins)
- ¼ cup (50g) unsweetened dried cherries
- ¼ cup (40g) unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup (80g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2/3 (40g) cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or desiccated coconut)
- 1- 2 tbsp. (20- 40g) maple syrup, depending on how sweet you like it.
- 1 tbsp. (15g) Natvia
- 1 tbsp. (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. (20g) coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Activate your nuts: Place all of the nuts into a large bowl. Sprinkle with freshly ground salt and cover with water and leave to soak overnight. Drain and rinse nuts and pat dry. Place in a very slow (70C) oven for 3 – 4 hours. Remove and set aside. (Keep the lined tray so you can re-cycle it to bake your muesli)
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place orange zest into food processor and chop on medium speed until broken down into small bits. (TM – 5 Secs / Speed 6)
- Add half of the nuts into bowl along with the rest of the ingredients, except chia seeds, and combine on a medium speed until well combined. (TM – 10 – 15 Secs / Speed 5)
- Add the remaining nuts and use the pulse button to combine with the rest of the ingredients without breaking the whole nuts down too much. (They add a lovely chunky texture to your muesli!) (TM – Turbo 2 – 3 x 2 second bursts)
- Pour contents of the food processor onto your lined oven tray, spreading it into a flat and even layer.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, moving contents around 3 times during baking to ensure even toasting. When your muesli is a nice even dark brown colour, it’s ready to come out.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Scatter over the chia seeds then pick up the edges and funnel the muesli into an airtight container until time to serve.
- Delicious served, in small quantities, with coconut or almond milk, fresh fruit, a drizzling of honey and/or Greek yogurt if you are dairy tolerant. Also great as a portable snack on its own!
*TIP – If you want to make this muesli go further (and more economical), and you are okay with eating grains, you can easily do so by add 2 cups of gluten-free oats at stage 3. You will probably need a second tray for baking. If you like a crunchier, lighter cereal add 2-3 cups of Amaranth flakes (or similar) at stage 9.