• ¼ c coconut flour (or almond flour)
• ¼ c mesquite powder (if not using, then up the quantity of coconut flour, or other, to ½ cup.)
• ¼ c raw cacao
• ⅓ cup Natvia (or the sweetener of your choice)
• 4 scoops 100% Whey Protein Powder – approx. 70g (or pea protein works well too)
• ¼ c chia seeds
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 2 eggs (or substitute)
• 270ml coconut milk (or cream for extra richness), stirred until smooth.
• 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen Raspberries
1. Pre-Heat oven to 200C
2. Mix the coconut flour, mesquite flour, cacao, chia, baking powder, baking soda and sweetener in a bowl. Mix well to combine and remove any lumps or flour or powder.
3. In a small jug, whisk the eggs. Add coconut milk, stir and pour over the dry ingredients.
4. Combine the ingredients well using a food processor on low to medium speed or wooden spoon being careful not to over mix.
5. Fold in the raspberries by hand using a wooden spoon or use a very low setting on the food processor so that raspberries keep their shape.
6. Line a regular sized muffin tin with papers and, using an ice cream scoop and scoop into the papers. No need to worry about papers if you are using silicone muffin trays
7. Cook for 15-25 minutes depending on your oven.
8. Allow to cool. Pop out and top with “Angelic Cream Cheese” icing if desired or simply top with a sprinkling of sifted coconut flour.
Angelic Cream Cheese Icing
- ⅓ cup (50g) Natvia Icing Mix (or regular Natvia, milled in a Thermomix 10 sec / speed 9)
- 180g European-Style cottage cheese at room temperature (Not the kind that comes in a tub! I use Brancourt’s brand from Costco)
- 1 tbsp (10g) extra virgin coconut oil (you can use coconut cream instead, but it will not set as firm)
- 2 tsp (10g) lemon juice
- Place the icing mix and cottage cheese into your food processor and blend on a medium speed until smooth. (TM – 10 Sec / Speed 5)
- Add the coconut oil and lemon juice. Process further until a smooth and silky consistency is achieved – a good 20-30 seconds in a high speed food processor mix should do it. (TM – 10 Sec / Speed 8, scrape down and repeat.)
- Spread or pipe onto top of muffins and garnish with a raspberry or fruit/nut of choice.