- 500g unpeeled zucchini, grated
- 2 cups trimmed spring onions chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chick pea flour (also known as channa dhal or besan flour)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh thyme (fresh dill would work well too)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional but YUM!)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 200g crumbled goats feta cheese (or block/farm style cottage cheese for a lighter option)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Olive oil for cooking
- Place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain. Squeeze zucchini between hands to remove liquid, then squeeze dry in a tea towel.
- Combine zucchini, chopped spring onions, eggs, chick pea flour, chopped herbs, zest, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in crumbled feta cheese and chopped walnuts into zucchini mixture.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place oven tray in oven.
- Add a little olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat to medium-high. Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture into pan using a large spoon. Fry until pancakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer each batch of pancakes to baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Serve pancakes hot, with a nice cucumber and yogurt sauce such as Tzatziki.
Makes about 12 palm-sized pancakes