*Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free
- 150g of almond meal (if you are using a TM just use whole almonds and dessicated coconut and mill together until fine then proceed with step one)
- 120g coconut flour
- ¼ cup Natvia (or preferred sweetener)
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt (or pink Himalayan – my fave!)
- 6 eggs
- 100g melted coconut oil
- 150g coconut milk
- 180g apple peeled and chopped into small pieces (or grated)\
- 80g unsweetened dried figs
- 40g unsweetened dried cherries
- 40g unsweetened dried sultanas
For the crosses
- 50g coconut flour
- 50ml almond or coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of your food processor, mix the almond meal, coconut flour, Natvia, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut milk and eggs and mix until just combined.
- Add the apple and the dried fruit. Mix again until it forms a dough.
- Once the mixture is all combined, scoop portions into muffin cases (either greased with coconut oil or ungreased if you are using silicone muffin trays).
- Mix the coconut flour and milk for the crosses in a small bowl with a fork until smooth, then pour into a small Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and cut a very small corner off.
- Pipe crosses over each of your muffins.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes or until browned slightly on the top.