*Gluten Free, Vegetarian, *Dairy Free Option
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk (almond or any kind is fine)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (*replace with yeast flakes for dairy free option)
- ½ cup Chick Pea Flour (AKA Besan or Chana Dhal flour)
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- Freshly ground sea salt (or Himalayan Pink Rock Salt) and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Cut eggplant into 3-inch batons.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, and add milk.
- Combine Parmesan, chick pea flour, herbs, and salt and pepper in a separate large shallow bowl or tray.
- Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in flour mixture.
- Line a large shallow oven tray with baking paper and place prepared chips carefully on sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of sauce – I recommend my *Tangy Yogurt Dressing (see recipe below)
*Tangy Yogurt Dressing (Omit for Dairy Free option)
- ¼ cup (65g) Whole Egg Mayonnaise (homemade is best!)
- ¼ cup (65g) Greek Yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1-2 small red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl or food processor. Cover with plastic wrap or in a jar and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
When ready to serve chips, either place dressing in a small bowl for dipping or drizzle over the top