Raw *Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, *** Nut Free OPTION ***
*Thermomix Instructions provided in bold italics
- 100g Coconut Oil (or butter if dairy tolerant)
- 100g 100% Natural Unsweetened Peanut Butter (or use Tahini for nut free option)
- 50g Rice Malt Syrup (or raw honey)
- 30g Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 30g Sunflower Seeds
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g Gluten-Free Oats (or any rolled oats if gluten tolerant)
- 75g Dried Figs (you could substitute with any dried fruit really!)
- 50g *Unsalted Walnut Pieces (see nut free options below)
For the topping:
- 100g sugar-free dark chocolate. (I use *“Well Naturally” brand stevia-sweetened dark chocolate.)
- 2 tsps of coconut oil
(* NUT FREE OPTION: Either replace walnuts with another dried fruit or, for a bit of a treat, use chocolate chips. I like “Well Naturally” brand stevia-sweetened chocolate chips *available in the health food section of most major supermarkets.)
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm rectangular slice tin (coconut oil spray is great for this!) and line with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil (*or butter), coconut sugar and date syrup (*or honey) to a small saucepan and melt together over medium heat, stirring until smooth. (TM – 5mins/ Varoma /speed 2)
- Add melted mix to a large bowl containing all of the remaining ingredients (except the extra pistachios or *choc chips) and combine with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined (TM – simply add remaining ingredients (except extra pistachios or *choc chips) to TM bowl 30 sec / speed 2. For younger children and fussy older ones I recommend processing the mix for a further 5 secs/ Speed 5 for a smoother texture.)
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the reserved extra pistachios or choc chips. *TIP: Lay another piece of baking paper over the top of your slice and, using the upturned lid of your coconut oil spray (the flat side) use a circular motion to press and flatten your mix firmly into the tray. This will ensure that your bars will bind well and that your extra bits on top will stick on top properly. They will look SO much better too 😉
- For the topping, melt the chocolate and coconut together in the microwave for about 30 secs or in a bowl over gently simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. (TM – Melt chocolate and coconut oil together 3 min/50C/Speed 3.)
- Pour melted chocolate evenly over the top of your slice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight is best!) When cooled, lift entire slab out of tray and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Place into a sealed container in the fridge or wrap individually and freeze for convenient lunch box fillers.