*Gluten Free, Low Carb.
2 medium red capsicums (400g)
2 medium yellow capsicums (400g)
2 medium eggplant (600g), sliced thickly and sprayed either side with olive oil spray
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g haloumi cheese, sliced into 1cm slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
150g baby rocket leaves
¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
½ cup (80g) drained capers, rinsed
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp. Natvia
- Preheat non-stick frypan or clean grill.
- Roast capsicums whole under grill, turning regularly until skin blisters and blackens all over. Place capsicums in a bowl and wrap tightly in plastic for at least 5 minutes; peel away skin, slice thinly.
- Place sprayed eggplant slices under preheated grill, turning until browned on both sides. Cool 10 minutes; slice into thick strips.
- Meanwhile, make lemon dressing – Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
- Combine cheese in small bowl with juice and remaining garlic. Cook cheese in heated lightly oiled large frying pan, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes or until browned both sides.
- Meanwhile, place capsicum, eggplant and dressing in large bowl with onion, rocket, basil and capers; toss gently to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates; top with cheese and lemon wedges.