- 1 large bunch kale (OR spinach, silverbeet, rainbow chard – whichever you can get your hands on) , with large fibrous stems removed (Alternately you can use 3 x 250g packets of frozen spinach, thawed)
- 200g Goats (or preferred choice) Feta, drained and crumbled
- 100g grated tasty cheese (‘light’ if you wish)
- 1 egg
- 6 pieces of mountain bread (Variety of choice)
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Clean and dry your Kale leaves. Steam until soft (about 2 minutes in the microwave will do it). Squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl, combine steamed kale with cheeses and egg (You can add garlic/springonions and herbs too if you wish, but this is the ‘express version’ so have left them out!)
- Lay 2 pieces of mountain bread into a baking paper- lined baking dish (one with 3 cm high sides is good – if you are lucky enough to have one the same length and width as the mountain bread sheets … perfect!
- Top bread sheets with a quarter of the kale mixture. And then repeat with single layers of mountain bread until all mixture is used up, topping your “pie” with the last two sheets.
- Brush top piece of MB with milk (or egg), cover with foil and bake in your preheated oven for 25-30mins
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes (if you can bear it!), and then turn out your pie onto a board. I used the foil as the base to prevent the pie sticking to the board.
- Peel back the baking paper, slice and serve