*Dairy Free, Low Carb. Gluten Free option
- 800g kangaroo fillets, trimmed
- ½ red cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 cups rocket (arugula)
- 1 spanish onion, sliced finely
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, toasted lightly in oven or in non-stick pan
- Freshly Ground sea salt & pepper to season and extra to serve.
- 1 heaped tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 heaped tbsp miso paste
- ⅓ cup Chinese cooking wine (or gluten-free rice wine vinegar for GF option)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Blend all dressing ingredients in small food processor bowl or in a jug using a stick mixer. Take about 3 or 4 tbsps. of the dressing and drizzle it over the raw roo fillets along with a generous amount of salt and pepper and marinate while you prepare the rest of your salad. Keep the remains of dressing in a jar or jug to dress the salad later.
- Combine cabbage, rocket, onions, and cranberries in a large bowl. Coat with ¾ of the dressing and then arrange onto plates.
- Barbecue or pan fry your roo fillet on a very hot plate/pan for about 3-4 minutes each side until rare to medium rare. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, carve your fillets into thin slices and arrange on top of each salad plate.
- Scatter over your macadamias and drizzle with the remains of the dressing and some freshly ground salt & pepper and serve immediately.