• 250 grams 100% pure nut butter or seed butter, with the oil removed from the top of the jar/container (You can use Peanut ,Almond, Brazil Nut or Cashew butter, Sunflower butter or Tahini AKA sesame butter – that’s what I used)
• 130 grams 100% pure whey protein powder
• 90 -110 grams unflavoured Greek yoghurt
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla bean paste or extract
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• Natvia, or preferred NATURAL sweetener to taste
• 100 grams melted sugar-free dark chocolate (I used my homemade stevia-sweetened dark chocolate, but you can cheat by melting together “Well Naturally” brand stevia-sweetened dark chocolate with a tsp of coconut oil instead for a nice silky consistency)
• ¼ cup Flaked almonds plus extra to garnish the top
1. Place all the ingredients, excluding the chocolate and flaked almonds, into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined. If the mixture is a little too dry, add a little more yoghurt to achieve a consistency that can easily be rolled and patted into a tray. The amount of yogurt you use will depend on the type of nut or seed butter you use as they all vary in thickness. Press mixture into a tray lined with baking paper or foil. Place in the refrigerator to firm up for about 30 – 60 minutes.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over gently simmering water. When melted and smooth, take off the heat and cool slightly.
3. Add the flaked almonds to your melted chocolate and pour over the refrigerated slab. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top. Refrigerate for a further 30 – 60minutes.
4. Once set, cut into bars or squares as desired. (I find it helps to lift the entire slab out of the tray and onto a board to make this step easier – and kinder on your knives!)
5. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Or for a convenient portable snack, wrap bars individually in cling wrap and store in freezer until needed.