*Raw *Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
*Thermomix Instructions provided in bold italics
- 100g Coconut Oil (or butter if dairy tolerant)
- 75g Coconut Sugar
- 50g Rice Malt Syrup (date syrup and raw honey are both good substitutes)
- 30g Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 30g Sunflower Seeds
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g Quinoa Flakes (or use rolled oats if gluten tolerant.)
- 100g Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (I use Well Naturally stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (found in health food section of most supermarkets and in health food stores.) You may wish to instead use another brand of good quality dark chocolate.
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm rectangular slice tin (coconut oil spray is great for this!) and line with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil (*or butter), coconut sugar and syrup (*or honey) to a small saucepan and melt together over medium heat, stirring until smooth. (TM – 5mins/ Varoma /speed 2)
- Add melted mix to a large bowl containing all of the remaining ingredients (except choc chips) and combine with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined (TM – simply add remaining ingredients (except choc chips) to TM bowl 30 sec / speed 2. For younger children and fussy older ones I recommend processing the mix for a further 5-7 secs/ Speed 5 for a smoother texture.)
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with choc chips and gently press them into top surface. *TIP: Lay another piece of baking paper over the top of your slice and, using the upturned lid of your coconut oil spray (the flat side) use a circular motion to press and flatten your mix firmly into the tray. This will ensure that your bars will bind well and that your extra bits on top will stick on top properly. They will look SO much better too 😉
- Refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight is best!) When cooled, lift entire slab out of tray and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Place into a sealed container in the fridge or wrap individually and freeze for convenient lunch box fillers.