Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
- 150g fresh or frozen & berries (I used blueberries & raspberries)
- 20g (2 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 20g (2 tbsp.) pure maple syrup or honey
- 125ml (½ cup) unsweetened almond milk mixed with 20ml apple cider vinegar – allow to stand and curdle (yes curdle!) while gathering the rest of your ingredients.
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla essence
- 75g (½ cup) coconut flour
- 75g (½ cup) tapioca flour
- 30g (1½ tbsp.) Natvia, or preferred sweetener
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil for cooking plus some coconut yogurt (or similar) to serve
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, lemon juice, and syrup In a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced down and thickened to a syrup -about 10 – 15 minutes. (TM -100C / Speed 2 / 10 minutes.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the rest of the pancake batter ingredients. (TM – 5 secs/ speed 4) Then, keep whisking until well combined. (TM – 10 secs / speed 4, scrape sides of bowl & repeat.)
- Grease a small nonstick pan and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a dollop of batter and smooth out to a circle using the back of a spoon. Add tablespoonful of the coulis to the middle of the batter and swirl using a toothpick of the edge of the spoon to create a marble effect. If this sounds all a bit too fiddly, just drop bits of coulis randomly around the pancake and cover each droplet with a bit more batter to prevent it sticking when you flip it over.
- Once pancake has cooked and bubbles begin to surface on the top of the pancake, flip it. The pancake should need to cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake mixture.
- Top pancakes with a dollop of Coconut yogurt (or some nice thick Greek Yogurt if you can tolerate dairy) and garnish with some more of your coulis.