*Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Paleo Friendly
- 230g walnut meal (purchased or ground in a food processor)
- 65g cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 20g Mesquite Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 250ml coconut milk (room temperature)
- 80g Natvia (or preferred natural sweetener)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 50g extra virgin coconut oil (gently melted)
- 1 quantity of melted * Homemade Chocolate (see recipe below) or stevia sweetened dark chocolate blended with 20g thick coconut cream or oil
- Handful of raspberries and flaked coconut for topping (optional – you could use walnuts instead)
- Coconut Oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease (with coconut oil) and line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl or food processor, combine dry ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or food processor, whisk eggs until light then add coconut milk, Natvia and whisk again. Add
melted coconut oil and whisk until wet ingredients are completely blended.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes. It will be slightly underdone when it comes out – but if you like the middle of your brownie soft and fudgey this is what you want. If not, cook a further 5-10 minutes.
- If desired, top with the melted chocolate & coconut mixture and top with raspberries and coconut flakes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
*Basic Dark Chocolate
- 200g raw cacao butter (I use Loving Earth Cacao Butter)
- 50-60g raw cacao powder (or to taste)
- 100g raw honey or pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or natural extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Chop cacao butter roughly with a knife on a chopping board, to approx. 1-2cm cubes. Place cacao butter into mixing bowl. Mill 20 sec/speed 8.
- Melt cacao butter for 10 mins/37°/speed 2, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula towards end of cooking time to ensure all the cacao butter is melted.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and continue cooking 10 mins/37°/speed 1.
- Mix chocolate 10 sec/speed 5 to blend honey or syrup in, then pour immediately as needed.