*Gluten, Dairy, & Refined Sugar-Free
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw sesame seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh ground linseeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
- 2 large scoops pea protein, or preferred protein powder (I used Pea Pro, Vanilla flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup (240g) 100% pure almond butter (or preferred 100% nut or seed butter – Tahini works well!)
- ½ cup (100g) extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (*Optional – I’m just addicted to the stuff ATM!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup (20- 50g) Natvia , or your preferred sweetener -according to taste (will also depend on whether your protein powder is sweetened or not.)
- Line a 20cm x 24cm lamington/slice tin with baking paper (a bit of spray oil will help it to stick.
- In food processor, add all nuts & seeds. Pulse until well chopped, but also allow some texture to remain. Add your ground flax, coconut & protein powder.
- In small saucepan over low heat, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, Natvia, cinnamon and extracts. Stir to combine then remove from heat.
- Pour almond butter mixture into the bowl and stir everything until all nuts are well coated and protein powder is mixed in.
- Use a spatula to scrape nut mixture into a lamington tin or large baking tray (with sides at least a couple of cms high) lined with baking paper and press the mixture into pan firmly and evenly.)
- Put into fridge or freezer to set. *Please Note: Because of variations in texture of both protein powders and nut/seed butters you may need to adjust the quantities to achieve the perfect ‘not too wet, not to dry’ mixture. If you can press the mixture firmly between your thumb and forefinger without it crumbling and falling apart, you are doing well!
- Store in fridge, or wrap individually and store in freezer for a convenient grab ‘n’ go portable snack.