* Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
Makes about 18 (depending on the size of your muffin pans)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa. (Approx. 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 500g mushroom, chopped into small pieces or slices
- 1 large or 2 small brown onions chopped
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 medium eggplant grilled until brown and then diced
- 1 small roasted red or yellow (or half of each) capsicum, skin removed
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 150g feta cut into 18 cubes.
- Salt and pepper to your preference, I use quite a bit.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line muffin tin with papers or spray with olive oil spray. (You can skip this step if you are using non-stick silicone muffin trays)
- In large non-stick fry pan cook onions until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Set aside
- In large bowl combine cooked quinoa, eggs, zucchini, cooked mushrooms/onions, parsley, half of the roasted vegetables (save some for decorating the tops) and salt and pepper.
- Mix until just blended.
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ full then add in a few strips of your roasted vegetables (capsicums and eggplants), to each cup until they’re each filled to the top.
- Top each muffin with a cube of feta and bake 20-25 minutes, or until brown and cooked through.
*Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables are in season or needing to be used up in the fridge – reduce that shopping bill and your carbon footprint! 😉