Low Carb., Gluten Free
- 200g Smoked Salmon slices/pieces
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped basil and Italian parsley
- 60g fresh baby kale leaves
- 3 red capsicums
- 2 boiled sweet potatoes, cut into long thin (even) slices
- ½ cup (60g) grated mozzarella cheese (or tasty or fresh parmesan – I just use mozzarella because it is naturally much lower in fat than the others.)
- Extra Smoked Salmon and fresh herbs to garnish
- Roast capsicums whole under grill, turning regularly until skin blisters and blackens all over. Place capsicums in a bowl and wrap tightly in plastic for at least 5 minutes; peel away skin, slice thinly.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, season and stir in the herbs. Add kale leaves, combine well and set aside.
- Add olive oil into a 30-35cm non-stick pan and sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Wait about 2 minutes, to let the bottom set, then put the roasted capsicum slices on top and take the pan off the heat. Take some slices of smoked salmon and lay on top of the egg.
- Top with the sweet potato slices and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Finish in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C. Take the frittata out of the oven and let it cool.
- Serve as an appetiser cut into cubes garnished with a rosette of smoked salmon and a herb garnish, or in larger slices for a delicious breakfast, lunch … or even dinner!