Courtesy of Thermomix Everyday Cooking Cookbook
*Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free. Egg Free, Nut Free
- 1 large brown onion , peeled and halved
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (or more if you like it spicy like me – I used double!)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 750g water
- 2 tbsp TMX Vegetable stock paste
- 800g tin tomatoes
- 200g red lentils rinsed (I used a can of drained and rinsed canned brown lentils instead)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve (I left these out as I didn’t have any on hand)
- Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add oil and sauté 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add all spices and cook 1 min/100C/speed 1 to release the flavours.
- Add water, stock, lentils and tomatoes and cook 15-20 min/100C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Serve soup hot garnished with fresh coriander and seasoned to taste.