- 200g milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 300g white spelt flour
- 300g wholemeal spelt flour (or you could just replace with more white spelt flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Natvia
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g mixed grated cheese cubed (Parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar)
- 150g Feta Cheese (I used Bulgarian), crumbled.
- Large handful each of mint and parsley
- Large bunch English Spinach (or silverbeet or Kale would work), washed, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Olive oil to taste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 spring onions, ends removed and quartered
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs (e.g. oregano, sage)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice 1 lemon
- A few lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine milk, egg, oil, yogurt and yeast in TM bowl and blend for 4 seconds on speed 6.
- Warm for 3 minutes at 50ºC on speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and with dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes on Interval speed.
- Add more warm milk if dough does not come together easily. Turn onto floured ThermoMat, wrap and allow to prove for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide into at least 16 even sized balls and set aside whilst you make the filling.
- Chop herbs and spinach together for 2 seconds on speed 6. Set aside in a large bowl
- Place oil, garlic, onion and dry spices into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperatureon speed 1.
- Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice and cook a further 2 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse + speed 2. Set aside to cool slightly. The mixture should be quite dry.
- Pour contents of TM bowl into the large bowl containing your spinach & herb mix. Add the cheeses and stir to combine.
- Roll out dough balls into large rectangles.
- Spread a large spoonful of mix over half the dough. Spread mixture out flat to cover the full half (in a square shaped) and fold the other side down to cover. Press edges down firmly with fingertips to seal.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan, griddle pan or BBQ to moderate to high heat. (I used my awesome Tefal square griddle pan and didn’t need to use a drop of oil!)
- Pick up the edges of your square parcel and lift it into your preheated non-stick pan. If it stretches out into more of a long rectangle during transfer like mine did, no worries – the thinner and more delicate the better I say – just have the pan close by!
- Fry on both sides, with lid in place to speed up cooking time. When golden and fragrant serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges and just watch them disappear! YUM!!!