*Gluten Free, Low Carb., Nut Free, Dairy free (omit dipping sauce)
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, onion greens included
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced (or garlic chives)
- Small handful fresh Vietnamese mint
- Small handful fresh coriander (include root as long as they’re clean!)
- 1-2 heaped tbsp Thai green curry paste, according to how spicy you like it. (I like Mae Ploy – no additives)
- 500g chicken mince (You can mince your own chicken thighs in the Thermomix if you have one using the turbo function for 4 – 5 two seconds. It’s best if they are semi-frozen when you do this)
- 2 cups (240g) coarsely grated zucchini (from about 2 to 3 small zucchinis or one medium zucchini)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
*Plus coconut oil (or preferred oil) for cooking
Coriander, Lime & Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice & grated rind of ½ a lime
- small bunch coriander (about a handful – include the roots, if clean)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or garlic chives)
- 1 tbsp.(15ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dipping sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stirring until combined. Chill until ready to use. (TM – Lime rind first 5 Sec / Speed 6 then add restof ingredients 10 sec / Speed 5)
- Using a small food processor or large knife, chop together your garlic, onions and herbs. (TM 5 sec / Speed 5)
- Pour herb mix into a large bowl and using your hands, mix in the minced chicken, zucchini, egg and coconut flour until the mixture is well combined.
- Use your hands to form patties (your choice as to how big). Place them on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, lower the heat to medium. Working in batches, place the patties in the pan. Let cook for about 5 minutes, then flip the patties over and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once the first batch of patties are done, remove to a paper towel-lined plate while you cook the second batch. Or you can keep the patties warm in a warm oven.
- Serve with the yogurt sauce and side salad. They are also great as finger food in one tablespoon portions rolled into balls and then flattened into patties during cooking.
Yield: Serves 4-6.