*Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy free (omit dipping sauce)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (500g), peeled and cubed.
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, onion greens included
- 200g drained canned tuna
- Small handful fresh coriander (include root as long as they’re clean!)
- 1-2 heaped tbsp Thai green curry paste, according to how spicy you like it. (I like Mae Ploy – no additives)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10ml tamari or liquid aminos
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
*Plus coconut oil (or preferred oil) for cooking
- Steam the sweet potato until soft. (TM Place the cubed sweet potato into TM basket with 500g water and cook Varoma/Speed 2/17mins) Set aside.
- Using a food processor or large knife, chop together your spring onions and herbs. (TM 5 sec/Speed 5)
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your chopped herbs including the cooled sweet potato and mix until combined. (TM Reverse/10 sec/Speed 3, scrape bowl and repeat)
- Use your hands to form patties (your choice as to how big). Place them on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, lower the heat to medium. Working in batches, place the patties in the pan. Let cook for about 5 minutes, then flip the patties over and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once the first batch of patties are done, remove to a paper towel-lined plate while you cook the second batch. Or you can keep the patties warm in a warm oven.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Yield: Serves 4-6.
*If you do dairy, you may like to try these with my delicious yogurt dipping sauce – see recipe below.
Coriander, Lime & Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice & grated rind of ½ a lime
- small bunch coriander (about a handful – include the roots, if clean)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or garlic chives)
- 1 tbsp.(15ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper