• 700g raw prawn meat, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• 1 ½ Tbsp Thai Style Green Curry paste
• 2/3 cup finely chopped coriander leaves and stems
• 2/3 cup finely chopped mint leaves
• 4 spring/green onions, finely sliced
• 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 cup frozen peas & corn (or fresh if you have them on hand!)
• Grape seed oil plus a dash sesame oil for cooking
*Coriander Yogurt Dipping Sauce, to serve (see below)
1. Combine all ingredients except dipping sauce in a food processor and pulse until a chunky mixture is formed. Using slightly wet hands, shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into patties.
2. Heat 1-2 tablespoons grape seed oil plus a dash of sesame for flavour) in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 min each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Thai Dipping Sauce and green salad and/or brown rice.
Coriander Yogurt Dipping Sauce
• 200g Greek Yogurt
• 1 cup chopped coriander leaves/stems
• 1 or 2 birds-eye chilis (depending on how spicy you like it)
• Juice of one lime
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• Pinch of salt
Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and blend on medium speed until combined well.
*Don’t forget this dish can easily be made more budget-friendly by simply substituting the prawns with tinned salmon or tuna (boneless!), or chicken/pork mince – Yummy